Thursday, December 10, 2009

1st Month

I was laid off on November 15. After I had a conversation with the CEO who wanted to talk with me, I was told that I was a great asset to the company however I should have never been hired to begin with because two companies where merging into one. Wow, does that make me feel all warm inside. So basically I was a tease, I helped you with the policies and procedures, open enrollement, employee relations, but know I am not needed. I feel that I am in a better place then when I was laid off in 08. It may be because I am not as invested in the company or did not build relationship with the staff. I am handling it better, I am keeping myself busy by looking for jobs, doing some part time contract work, and volunteering( this has been a great experience).

I volunteer at a wonderful organization. When I go there I expected to help women and empower them with job skills like resume writing, career development, interviewing skills, and so forth, but they have given me so much more. I see them smile when they learn something new, or recieve positive feedback, or taking back their life and having a purpose. I feel that I have been blessed more by them than I have given to them. I feel like they are so apprecitive of the little things and me on the other hand I am not. When I mean little things I mean like a roof over their head, seeing their kids( I dont have any), getting to wear makeup, overall having life.I am seeing that I am truly blessed with health, a strong support system, and things are gonna be ok. I keep telling myself whenever I have a down moment or shed a tear about my situation. I am doing a lot of things right now and I am scared that me not having a salary that I am used to might inhibit that. Oh did I mention that I am getting married in 10/2010. I am very excited and am learning to tap into my resources for low cost items.

If you are unemployed or had to change some lifestyle habits tell me what you did and how you are cooping?

No comments:

Post a Comment